Sunday 30 June 2013

Pitter Licking

So I went with some others picking up litter from the roads in our community yesterday.

I recommend it.

It spoke to me so much my head was spinning.

It spoke to me of my journey. My work being the work i need to focus on and not really worry about why the work is there, but that i have been asked to pick it up. I haven't been asked to do it all. I needed to walk alongside others picking things up as they go. Some go before and there are still bits for me to do. Some will follow me and pick up the bits i missed or are newly fallen. I am not asked to go into places I haven't been invited, but little children aren't hindered by the boundaries that I put in myself. Sometimes I may wait for permission, but people would have been grateful for my intrusion.

Anyone helping is great. It doesn't matter their technique, their tools, their style, but that they do.

Its good to be with others, to share the experiences. To encourage one another along the way. And so i don't get lost or lose my way, or end up somewhere too much for me. To anchor me. To help me stop and rest, to stop me from being jaded, bitter and judgemental.

If everyone did a little bit, things would be so much better.

Whereever I go I improve things when I deal with the bits I see. There is so much more to be done, so many places yet untouched, which would benefit from people going.

That i need times of rest, cos without them carrying on is less effective.

I can't go everywhere. maybe there are more bits I can do. Maybe its easier than I think and that my family are inspired by it and inspired to join in.

I LOVED the reverend who went with us. The service he showed in getting his hands dirty and knowing people, greeting people, being bothered about their lives, being interested. Such a vital and precious gift to the community, someone knowing, someone caring, someone to connect.

It spoke to me of sins, unhelpful habits, addictions.  Most small like cigarette butts. Plentiful and collected in one area or strewn long the way. So time consuming to pick up one by one. Little bits along the way. Bigger bits in hidden places, easily cleared if you looked for them. Some dug right in and need extra time to uncover and remove. Some thrown among brambles and it is difficult extracting them. Some too big or too dug in that they need help to remove, more time, other tools, different people. Some unthinking, others selfish, still more born out of pain.

Aww it all could be rubbish.... spoke to me tho, and I don't want to forget it xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment