Friday 14 January 2011

Going Home

My little lad is always asking to go home. Whenever he's sad "I want to go home!" he sobs.

Mostly at bedtime, but also at other people's houses, toddler group, when mummy denies him something, when bored and doesn't know what to do.... " I want to go home!".

I'm starting to think that "going home" really means to feel content, happy, safe.

He went to preschool for the second time today and instead of swanning off with a peck on the cheek saying Goodbye mummy!, he wobbled, looked at me sadly and told me to stay and play. I settled him with the cars, a Percy and his keyworker and left feeling wobbly myself.

Fortunately, although having had a few ups and downs, when I picked him up, he threw his arms round me and jumped and danced and we jumped and danced all the way home. He was telling me what he had for snack and that he was happy and that he smiled at me and I was telling him what a good and brilliant and clever boy he was. When he entered the house, daddy was waiting to ask him about his day and they had a quick conversation about trains and preschool. Then he piped up of his own will....

"I'm very, very, very home!"

Yes, my lovely boy, you are xx

No comments:

Post a Comment